Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tired and Crabby

     I am having a rough week. Over consumption of Easter candy? Too much fun over spring break? IEP season? Lack of sleep and rum? I don't know but today I was in a funk when I got home. Now, usually cooking will turn my frown upside down. It is my after work therapy believe it or not. I grab some wine, put on some tunes, rummage through the fridge, grab my sharpest knife, and let my creative juices flow. Not today. Not feelin it. I had nothing out for dinner but I knew I could defrost some fish filets pretty quick. Meh. Not in the mood. Thought about going out but I knew we would not be around much in the next few days so I figured we needed a nice healthy meal instead of a Dorito Loco Taco. OMG Love those!!!  But I extinguished all dreams of fast and greasy and somehow convinced myself to cook. It was really hard for me to focus and get creative. We all have those days.  Amazingly, I  put together a quick and healthy meal that is sort of smancy fancy and will still get me some tonight without too much fuss.

Because I'm Crabby Topped Tilapia

Tilapia filets
1 package imitation crab (now if you got that kind of money go ahead and buy the real stuff)
1 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
juice from half a lemon
parsley, salt, pepper, smoked paprika
1/4 cup egg beaters
diced yellow onion
parmesean cheese
PAM

Season fish and place in glass baking dish. Turn oven on to 350.
Mix the other ingredients in a bowl. If too wet, add more bread. If too dry, add more egg. I used real bread so I needed a tad bit more egg beaters.
Place mixture onto each filet. Spray generously with PAM.  Place in oven.
Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Pull fish out and respray with PAM if needed and place back in oven.
Broil until nice and brown.

I served mine with baby bok choy that I sauteed and since I didn't feel like gettin all fancy, I topped it off with Wegman's Bernaise finishing butter. I used butter because I didn't put any fattening butter or mayo in my stuffed fish (although it does taste like it). Made some instant mashed potatoes that I gussied up with garlic and parmesean cheese as well.

Have left over crab mixture? Don't throw that shit away! Make some crab cakes out of that!!! Quick, healthy, easy. I thought it would go well with pinot grigio but my sister who stopped by last night drank it all! Now leave me alone! I'm crabby!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment