Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pork Chops and Applesauce... Part Zwei (that's 2 in German)

     Zees delicious dinner tonight has been brought to you by zee little German in me. Everyone loves pork and applesauce, especially me! After all I have blogged about it before. It's swell! Well tonight of course I decided to put a little twist on my traditional apple topping for pork. I added some apple butter and real butter (no fudder in this recipe) and a little chipotle Tabasco in a sauce pan with some apples and leeks. I took a sip of my beer and holy Octoberfest! Don't tell my great great great grandmother Rosengarten but I dumped half of my lager in the sauce! Zee sauce is good! Real good! I threw it on top of a breaded pork chop cuz nothin beats some apples, beer, and pork. I'm gonna have to break out the lederhosen because zees dish received a 10.01 from the husband zees evening! We served it up with some sauteed veggies and garlic mashed potatoes. Make a German proud and chug the rest of your beer!




Applesauce topping for pork with beer:


2 to 3 medium apples (I use gala) peeled and sliced thin then halved
1 leek, sliced thin
3 Tablespoons of Apple butter
3 Tablespoon of butter (cuz thats easy to remember)
3 dashes of Chipotle Tabasco Sauce (a must have in every pantry)
A pinch of smoked paprika
2 pinches of sugar (white or brown)
1/3 of a bottle of beer (whatever you are drinkin works)

Saute leeks and apples in half the butter
Add sugar
When apples and leeks are soft, throw in the chipotle, apple butter, and paprika
Open the beer. If you are cooking for just you and your significant other, take a big sip. Pour a third of the bottle in the pan with the apples and stir it up. If you are cooking for guests, I would drink it after you pour it in the pan. It's good manners.
Add the rest of the butter and stir on medium low til bubbly and thick.
You know I don't measure so if you need to adjust it, taste, and add more of whatever you want. Let your taste buds tell you, dammit, not me!  
Add this to any type of pork. I put this on top of a breaded pork chop.
Sorry Peter Brady, zees is not your kind of applesauce, zere's beer in it!!!
Ain't that shwell???

No comments:

Post a Comment